595 Alamo Pintado Road #A, Solvang • 232 E Anapamu Street #204, Santa Barbara
(805) 688-3939 • email@example.com
Certified Specialist – ESTATE PLANNING, TRUST AND PROBATE LAW
Prior to passing the California Bar exam in 2005, Lana Clark worked as a paralegal for over 20 years in estate/trust
and civil litigation matters. She now concentrates her practice handling estate planning, probate and trust
administration, conservatorships, trust litigation and business entities.
Certification as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law was bestowed by the California State Bar
Board of Legal Specialization in 2012. Only 13 attorneys in Santa Barbara County have achieved this designation.
Clark, a Solvang resident for over 45 years, is the only certified estate and trust specialist in the Santa Ynez, Lompoc
and Santa Maria Valleys.
California State Bar Association, Santa Barbara County Bar Association, North Santa Barbara County Bar
Association, Santa Ynez Valley Bar Association
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital Foundation Board of Directors, Elverhoj Museum Board of Directors, Santa
Barbara Estate Planning Council, UCSB Planned Giving Advisors
Prior Community Service: Solvang Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, UCSB Economic Forecast Board,
Atterdag Village Board of Directors
Santa Barbara College of Law, Juris Doctorate
University of California, Santa Barbara
- Formation and maintenance support of various types of business entities (corporations, LLCs, partnerships).
- Analysis, advise, creation, and modifications of estate plans from those with modest asset holdings to those in excess of $50 million; identify and solve drafting problems.
- Establish Special Needs Trusts for disabled family members complying with Dept. of Health Services requirements.
- Establish and terminate conservatorships and guardianships and prepare annual accountings for court approval.
- Process probate estates exceeding $2 million in value, including probate sales of real property.
- Administer trusts for quick resolution, trust administration petitions, post mortem tax planning and incapacity issues.
- Development of innovative methods to preserve access and control of digital property assets.
- Represent trustees in successful preservation of trust challenges by beneficiaries.
- Litigation regarding incapacity of elderly individuals.
- Trustee services for clients who don’t have family members who can serve.
- Handle transfer of non-funded trust assets by Heggstad petitions allowing $15 million in pending escrows to proceed without delay.
- Successful litigation of action by trust beneficiaries against trustee for breach of fiduciary duties resulting in recovery in excess of $150,000 from trustee’s personal assets.
- Successful litigation of creditor’s claim on trust, resulting in savings of over $100,000 to the Trust/beneficiaries.
- Handle spousal property transfers and small probate affidavits.
- Prepare specialty trusts, grandchildren’s educational trusts, pet trusts, irrevocable trusts, charitable and qualified personal residence trusts.
- Strategies to establish customized trust language to prevent trust fund babies and instead motivate them to be productive and contributing members of society.
- Legal instructor at Santa Barbara College of Law in legal analysis and writing 2008-2009; instructor for 11 years in UC-Extension Paralegal Program.